- The PDT is released under the terms of the Eclipse Public License(EPL).
- Install Eclipse, version 4.2 (Juno) or above
- We recommend using an Eclipse configuration that includes the Plugin Development Environment (PDE), e.g. Classic or Eclipse for RCP and RAP Developers. If you want to use a version where the PDE is not included, select “Contact all update sites during install to find required software” in the installation wizard. This will automatically install the required packages.
- Install SWI-prolog Version 6.0.2 (or above) for your platform.
- Windows: Add the “bin” directory of your SWI-Prolog installation to the system PATH.
- Linux: Download the SWI-Prolog sources and see the README.linux file for further instructions. Make sure that all dependencies are loaded correctly (see http://www.swi-prolog.org/build/LinuxDistro.txt).
After having fulfilled the above prerequisites:
- Add the PDT Update Site to your Eclipse installation by entering on of the following URLs in ”
Help” → ”
Install new Software…” → ”
|PDT Version||Date||Update Site URL|
- Select at least the “PDT” feature. This is how it should look (except for the version number):
If you want to use the most recent release of JTransformer, you can also select the JTransformer Feature.
- Press “Next” and follow the instructions.
Please update your settings accordingly, otherwise the PDT will not be able to start Prolog processes.
Otherwise, you might want to quickly scan the Release Notes.